Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Radiance Tea House and Books Loose Leaf Green Tea 'Matcha'

Tea Information:
Tea: Matcha
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Radiance Tea House & Book
Purchase: Here
Description: Made from ground tea leaves, Matcha is best known for its use in the Japanese tea ceremony.
Ingredients: ?

Steep Information:
Prepared at Radiance Tea House and Books while I had lunch.
Amount: unknown
Additives: none
Water: unknown
Steep Time: unknown
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Smell: green tea, earthy, garden
Flavor: green tea, smooth, thick texture
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: vegetal, grassy, sweet
Liquor: dark cloudy opaque emerald green

It was neat to see the froth on it, and to drink from a large bowl instead of a cup. I had seen folks on Steepster going on about matcha and decided to try it. It was a thicker green tea to me, nothing amazing or special. It had no bitterness and was a sweeter green tea drink. Although I enjoy matcha ice cream and other things I don't think I'll go out of my way to have matcha tea again.

Sorry I did not get images.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep: you can't resteep matcha as it is made from ground leaves.

Rating: 2/3

No comments: