Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Jade Teapot Loose Leaf Herbal Tea 'Caribbean Dream'

Tea Information:
Tea: Caribbean Dream
Type: Herbal Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: The Jade Teapot
Purchase: Here
Description: Drink this tea hot, on ice or even use it over ice cream. This tea can do it all. Not to mention the wonderful tropical fruits and flowers used takes you on a vacation in a cup.
Ingredients: Coconut, hibiscus flower, rose hips, orange peel, pineapple and marigold petals

Steep Information:
Amount: entire sample
Additives: none
Water: 6 ounces filtered boiling
Tool: Mesh basket strainer in cup
Steep Time: a little over 7 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: i forgot to sniff!
Steeped Tea Smell: hibiscus
Flavor: hibiscus
Body: Full
Aftertaste:
Liquor: deep dark ruby red

I like hibiscus, and this is a hibiscus drink. I can't find the other flavors. perhaps I over-brewed it?

I was hoping for a bit of pineapple hibiscus tea or maybe pineapple coconut hibiscus tea. Instead it was all delicious juicy and tart hibiscus.

I think I need to order some of this, once my other others I have arrive and I drink some space into my cupboard. Then I can fiddle with the amount and times more.

It is very nice to look at with all the orange peels

Post-Steep Additives: German rock sugar
sweeter, less tart, more delicious

Resteep: 7 minutes was a weak hibiscus pineapple - so close!
gave it a bit longer, orange - pineapple - hibiscus DELICIOUS but still weak, but it shows me the potential of this tea!

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: