Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tbar Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Coconut Vanilla'

Please welcome guest reviewer dancingfiend

Tea Information:
Tea: Coconut Vanilla
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Tbar
Purchase: at the store
Description: Black tea, shredded coconut, and vanilla.
Ingredients: ?

Steep Information:
Prepared in store by staff
Tool: Make your own tea bag
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Aroma: Just what you'd expect (vanilla, coconut)
Body: 4/10 on the water-coffee scale (about as strong as weak coffee)

The vanilla and coconut flavors went very well together for a light, summery taste; I was faintly reminded of the smell of suntan lotion. There was also a subtle hint of citrus, which made for a great pairing with my orange slice garnish - though the pesto on my panini tended to overpower the flavor of the tea. The tea didn't dry out my mouth the way some do, and left behind a smooth but faint aftertaste of coconut.

I'm a fairly infrequent tea drinker (I generally prefer stronger flavors), but I found this to be a pleasant blend that I'd likely order again. Three out of four leaves!

You heard him, yummy light summer tea! I bet it would be great iced. Stop by Tbar and enjoy some soon.

Rating: 3/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


No comments: