Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Harney and Sons Teabag Black Tea 'Holiday'

Tea Information:
Tea: Holiday
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Teabag Sachets
Company: Harney and Sons
Purchase: Here
Description: Our Holiday Tea is a black tea spiced with citrus, almond, clove and cinnamon. Delicious hot or iced. Wonderful for a holiday table, a cold winter morning, or any time you crave a holiday-inspired brew.
Ingredients: Hand picked full leaf Chinese black tea are artfully blended with fruits and spices.

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag
Water: boiling
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet, cinnamon
Steeped Tea Smell: clove, cinnamon
Flavor: astringent, spiced (cinnamon, clove) black tea
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: astringent, a touch bitter
Liquor: translucent dark brown

I am glad I did not do 5 minutes as suggested. I was not thrilled, it was rather ho-hum spiced black tea.

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing










I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

No comments: