Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

52Teas Loose Leaf Green Tea 'Lime Jello Salad'

Tea Information:
Tea: Lime Jello Salad
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: This is for the under-appreciated hero of the Thanksgiving dinner: Every year, it sits there quivering, unassuming, bright and cheerful and fruity…
and mostly neglected for the likes of turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes.
It’s not your fault, Lime Jello Salad, that your deliciousness is overlooked on such an occasion.
Don’t look at me with those pouty marshmallows, condemning me for my turkey lust. Here: I will make a tea inspired by you, and maybe then I will get to enjoy some of your delicious flavors–
AFTER I have some turkey!
My wife makes a lime jello salad with lime jello, pineapple, and marshmallow every Thanksgiving. I’m pretty sure I still haven’t tasted it, but it sounded like a great group of flavors to combine with our awesome Chinese sencha green tea. Enjoy! And happy Thanksgiving!
Our Tea of the Week for the week of November 21st, 2011
Ingredients: Green tea, dried pineapple, marshmallow root, natural flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 3 tsp
Water: 500ml at 175°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: chemical horror
Steeped Tea Smell: just like hot lime jello (from when you are making it and dissolving the powder)
Flavor: lime, vegetal
Body: Light
Aftertaste: sweet
Liquor: translucent yellow green

not lime jello (need sugar?) but a nice lime green

Post-Steep Additives:
sugar
LIME jello salad (fruity)
sweet

Like it
Rating: 3/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing

I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.


No comments: