Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

52Teas Loose Leaf Rooibos Tisane 'Earl Pink'

Tea Information:
Tea: Earl Pink
Type: Rooibos a.k.a. Red Tisane (Tea is technically only from the camellia sinensis plant)
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Earl Grey’s lesser known cousin, Earl Pink preferred an herbal tea with raspberry and bergamot. In honor of him, we’ve created this blend of caffeine-free green rooibos blended with freeze-dried raspberry bits (lots and lots of them) and natural and organic bergamot and raspberry flavors. Thanks to my lovely wife for help with the name. I’m not sure I have the skills to Photoshop a tongue onto the portrait of Earl Grey for an “Earl Raspberry”.
Our Tea of the Week for the week of November 12, 2012

Ingredients: Green Rooibos, freeze-dried raspberries, and natural and/or organic flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 tsp
Water: ~500ml at 212°F
Tool: make your own paper teabag
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes https://www.teaity.com/
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: strong berry
Steeped Tea Smell: wood, berry
Flavor: sweet, berry, a little woody finish
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: citrus
Liquor: not sure in this blue cup

I like the way this melds together

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

No comments: