We each went home with a cup of soil and 5 seeds.
I left mine with my sister in California to see how they do.
- 4.5 -5.5 ph target, unlike most plants (7) so you need aluminum sulfate or elemental sulfur when planting tea plants
- Moisture control soil to avoid overwet rotted tea seeds
- Organic seed starting mix will help fertilize the seeds with less risk of washing away from tea seeds
- Perlite large % when seedings
- Earthworm castings (poop)
- Ph meter - Green probes at garden center are worthless
- Tea doesn't like a lot of salt
- Pink Osmocote release fertilizer every 6mo