Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Loose Leaf Pu-Erh Green Tea 'Toucha Jasmine'

Tea Information:
Tea: Toucha Jasmine
Type: Pu-Erh Green Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: ? Distributed by Cheong Tai Tea Company Hong Kong
Purchase: Unknown
Description: Some of the famous green teas of Yunnan include Black Needle, Yunnan Jasmine Pearls, Silver Threads and Green Toucha.

Ingredients: Unknown

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 compressed tea ball 3.5g
Additives: none
Water: 1 teapot filtered boiling
Steep Time: a little over 6 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Smell: Jasmine, earthy
Flavor: jasmine, vegetal, light and smooth
Body: Light
Aftertaste: slight bite, followed by a floral lingering taste
Liquor: medium honeyed brown

This was another gift from a co-worker, I can't believe I got a pu-erh!
I first did a 15 second rinse and soak (where the rinse was discarded).
Next time, as it is a green I want to try less than boiling water.
I tried 2 minutes, 3, 4, 5, and finally at 6 I thought it was strong enough. I am not sure I have the patience for pu-erh tea!

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep 2: 12 ounces, 1 minute - just as strong as the first brew

Resteep 3: 12 ounces, 2 minutes - just as strong as the first brew, kind of getting mad at it b/c I am bored and want something else!
Post-Steep Additives: honey, BLEH don't do it! not sure what it did but it just tasted funky (the honey itself was fine, I checked)

Rating: 2/3




No comments: