Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

McNulty's Tea and Coffee Company Loose Leaf Herbal Tea 'Strawberry and Kiwi'

Tea Information:
Tea: Strawberry-Kiwi Blend
Type: Herbal Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: McNulty's Tea and Coffee Company
Purchase: in store
Description: ?
Ingredients: Rosehips, hibiscus, orange peels, apple pieces, strawberry, & kiwi flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 3 scoops
Additives: none
Water: 12 ounces filtered boiling water
Steep Time: a little over 6 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: strawberry, floral
Steeped Tea Smell: citrus fruity
Flavor: sour berry hibiscus
Body: Full
Aftertaste: citrus sour berry
Liquor: deep dark opaque red

This is my first tea from the Steepster Traveling Tea Box!

This was the first interesting herbal I came across while unpacking the box and decided that I needed to be trying a tea as I selected my new teas.

I was expecting much more strawberry and kiwi and less hibiscus based on the name, luckily I like hibiscus because the tea was a hibiscus tea with strawberry and citrus flavors. I didn't really get the kiwi flavor, but I am also recovering from a head cold.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep: weaker, less sour, but still a strong hibiscus and berry tea, I won't try another steep though.

Rating: 2/3




No comments: