Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Upton Tea Imports Loose Leaf Black Tea 'TA94: Jutlibari Estate Assam FTGFOP1 SP/CL'

Tea Information:
Tea: TA94: Jutlibari Estate Assam FTGFOP1 SP/CL
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Upton Tea Imports
Purchase: Here
Description: One of the top Assam offerings for 2009, this tea has a profusion of golden tips. The bracing cup has an intense, multi-layered flavor with a creamy mouth feel. Highly recommended for the Assam lover.

Growing conditions in Assam this year have produced a crop that has an intense flavor, which cups best with the addition of milk.

Origin: India

Steeping Suggestions:
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 212° (boiling)
Steep Time: 5 min.

Ingredients: ?

I had to look this up:
FTGFOP1 = Finest Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe 1

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 teaspoons
Additives: none
Water: 20 ounces (4 oz more than suggested for 2 teaspoons)
Steep Time: a little over 4 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet (caramel) black tea
Steeped Tea Smell: bold black tea
Flavor: smooth and creamy, bold, black tea with a bit of astringency
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: nothing, clean
Liquor: nice translucent dark brown

Steepster Traveling Teabox Tea

It's a nice clean bold black. I don't quite understand what makes it so special? I mean it is a very delicious tea, and I am enjoying drinking it, but with all those abbreviations I expected something WOW.

Post-Steep Additives: lactose-free fat-free milk

No more astringency, just a nice creamy smooth bold black.

Resteep: I am bad at following directions today - steeped 6 ounces for 4 min. - I added sugar - it was still an enjoyable drink just a bit bitter.

Rating: 3/3




2 comments:

Alison said...

Hi

I have a blog all about the Jutlibari TE and references I find on the Internet.

I really like the picture of the tins you have posted in which you receive the tea.

I would love to link to your post, if that's OK.

Check out my blog at http://jutlibari.blogspot.com/index.html

Best wishes

Alison

AmazonV said...

Alison, Oh yes please link away! And thank you for the link, my mother and I ended up ordering some and I love finding out more about the teas we drink.