Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gemi Te Teabag Rooibos Tea 'Sydafrikansk'

Tea Information:
Tea: Sydafrikansk
Type: Rooibos Tea
Packaging: Teabag
Company: Gemi Te

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag 1.2 g
Additives: none
Water: 6 ounces filtered boiling
Steep Time: a little over 7 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet, woody, and paper probably coming from the bag
Steeped Tea Smell: woody, sweet
Flavor: watery, woody
Body: Light
Aftertaste: short but sweet, wood
Liquor: translucent light reddish-brown

Steepster Traveling Teabox Tea

I like rooibos, and usually find it a strong woody sweet flavor. This one surprised me by being so meek and mild.

Although I am amused and happy I got to try a tea from Denmark, I won't be trying to get my hands on this one again.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: