Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Harney and Sons Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Hot Cinnamon Spice'

Tea Information:
Tea: Hot Cinnamon Spice
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Harney and Sons
Purchase: Here
Description: Our most popular flavored tea, this is an assertive blend of black teas, three types of cinnamon, orange peel, and sweet cloves (no sugar added).
Ingredients: ?

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp
Additives: none
Water: 2 zarafina cups
Tool: Zarafina Black-Loose-Medium
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: cinnamon imperials
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet cinnamon bark
Flavor: syrupy sweet cinnamon candy, hints of woody bark
Body: Full
Aftertaste: warm sweet cinnamon, less bark
Liquor: translucent but dark reddish-brown

Gift from SoccerMom (YEA) in order to help me see which is the most similar to cinnamon imperials as part of my quest to take over the world…or something similar

I have had the bagged H&S black cinnamon spice at one or two restaurants before, but this was before Steepster and my desire to try all the teas and find which I like best (IMO you can’t find the best because everyone has different tastes).

The tea is very thick syrup, as if you had made cinnamon imperials into a liquid. Delicious! Though I must say the Green Hot Cinnamon is a lighter, more tea like version, it's not as thick and not as sweet. I think each has their place.

Strangely I couldn't find the black tea!

Post-Steep Additives: none, though i bet this would stand up to milk well. Whatever you do, do NOT add sugar as you would become diabetic on the spot.

Resteep: I forgot :(

Rating: 3/3



No comments: