Search This Blog


Thursday, March 11, 2010

Life In Teacup Loose Leaf Green Tea 'Frosty Spring Yunnan'

Tea Information:
Tea: Frosty Spring Yunnan Roast Green
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Life In Teacup
Purchase: Here
Description: Dear friends, earliest 2010 green tea has arrived at Life In Teacup. Purchase information will be updated soon at

Without exaggeration, it’s the earliest tea of the year. It was harvested on January, 1, 2010 in the subtropic region of Yunnan, China.

Production Year: 2010
Production Season: Pre-Spring, January, 1, 2010
Production Region: Yunan Province, Xi Shuang Ban Na
Style: Hong Qing (roast to kill enzyme)

Steep Information:
Amount: 4g
Additives: none, MilitiaJim: Honey
Water: 2 zarafina cups filtered water
Tool: Zarafina Green-Loose-Medium
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: very light bad to get very close to smell it, vegetal and sweet
Steeped Tea Smell:
AmazonV: again a very light smell, vegetal, light, sweet, minty
MilitiaJim: medicinal
Bobbie: bengay
AmazonV: delicate, light, sweet, minty, refreshing
MilitiaJim: earthy like an unwashed potato, maybe dirty cinnamon
Bobbie: eww
Body: Light
Aftertaste: minty, refreshing, tingly
Liquor: pale yellow-green

So Bobbie and MilitiaJim gave me their teas to finish as they did not like this tea at all. I was surprised I liked this tea and found it refreshing as I am not a green tea person.

I did find it earthier with the clover honey. Not in a bad way though.

I think this tea came though best without additives.

From the name, and other Steepster reviews, I was expecting something else, not minty refreshing. Perhaps I am the only one getting this taste? I feel sort of alone and crazy.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep1: Zarafina, 2 c, Green-Loose-Medium
pretty much the same as the first steep, less tingly though

Resteep2: Zarafina, 2 c, Green-Loose-Strong
pretty much the same as the first steep, back to tingly

Resteep3: Zarafina, 2 c, Green-Loose-Strong
finally! watery but drinkable

Resteep4: Zarafina, 2 c, Green-Loose-Strong
watery, yet drinkable *sigh*
seriously, SO MUCH TEA, I guess this is a great tea for work, keep on going all day.

I was thinking. The last tea brewed here was the Root Beer Float which was kind of minty. What if the zarafina took on the minty flavor? Even after I washed it? I have enough for 1 cup left of dry leaf I can try another day though another method to see if the mint came from the root beer float.

Rating: 2/3

Post a Comment