Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Numi Teabag Pu-Erh Tea 'Chocolate Puerh'

Tea Information:
Tea: Chocolate Puerh
Type: Pu-Erh Tea
Packaging: Teabag
Company: Numi
Purchase:
The Purest Organic Tea on the Planet - Shop Numi
Description: velvety & vanilla
Organic Black Tea Blend

A rich, velvet, chocolaty aroma envelops this enticing blend of deep, dark Puerh and organic cocoa nibs. Numi’s Chocolate

Puerh is made with organic wild-harvested tea leaves fermented and ripened into an earthy black tea. Whole vanilla beans

and sweet accents of orange peel enhance this blend along with nutmeg and cinnamon rounding off a spicy finish. Rich in

antioxidants, this hearty and healthy Puerh tea is decadence in a cup.

Ingredients: ingredients: org. puerh, org. cocoa powder, org. vanilla, org. theo chocolate cocoa nibs, org. rooibos, org. orange peel, org. nutmeg, org. cinnamon

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag 2.6g
Additives: none
Water: hot spigot water, 1 mug (12 oz?)
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: chai-like, spicy
Steeped Tea Smell: chocolate, nutmeg, vanilla
Flavor: chocolate, nutmeg, rooibos, earthy
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: nutmeg, cinnamon, warm spicy
Liquor: dark cloudy reddish-brown

Steepster Traveling Teabox Tea

It doesn't have quite enough kick to be a chai. With all the rave reviews I was expecting something a bit more amazing. It is a nice spicy chocolate tea, but not something I am going to go out of my way to try. I am very glad I got the opportunity to give it a try via the teabox as I am not sure I would have been pleased to end up with an entire box of this tea. There are so many teas out there I want to try that i don't want to be stuck with good tea, I want to only stock up on amazing tea.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep: watery, weak, spice water, but dark brown

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: