Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Te' House of Tea Loose Leaf Oolong Tea 'Formosa Silk'

Tea Information:
Tea: Formosa Silk
Type: Oolong Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Te' House of Tea
Purchase: Here
Description: Oolong from Taiwan with a distinctive creamy after-taste.
Ingredients: ?

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 tsp
Additives: none
Water: 1 zarafina cup filtered
Tool: Zarafina oolong-loose-medium
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: I forgot to sniff I was too excited!
Steeped Tea Smell: buttered vegetables
Flavor: SILK, silky smooth vegetal, sweet
Body: Light
Aftertaste: fuzzy, it makes my tongue fuzzy
Liquor: translucent green-yellow

SoccorMom was kind enough to send me some of this, one of her favorites.

I think this is the first oolong I've blogged, at least my labels didn't have oolong in there yet.

Wow! the leave started out squished little things and they unfurled and became HUGE.

Although I am really enjoying the silken texture, I don't see myself craving this daily. I can see buying this from time to time for a nice smooth sweet tea with no bitterness.

So not a favorite, but a very enjoyable mug of morning tea (boo morning!) so SoccorMom won't have to fight me for the supply ;)

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep: Zarafina 1 c oolong-loose-med
Same smell, flavor, color as first steep, I think this would stand up very well to multiple infusions, only I had to run for the train! In this steep I detected the creamy note they were talking about.

It reminds me of the Golden Moon coconut pouchong but less vegetal.

Rating: 3/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing




No comments: