Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Teavana Loose Leaf White Tea 'Garden Aria'

Tea Information:
Tea: Garden Aria
Type: White Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Teavana
Purchase: Teavana White Teas
Description: Cultivate your love for this tea ensemble composed of delicate white tea and ambrosial fruit bits. You can't help but sing praises for a steaming cup of harmony straight from the garden! Deliciously fruity and very healthy, this tea is loaded with antioxidants.
Ingredients: White tea, strawberry and raspberry bits, cherries, red currants, rosehips, apples, hibiscus and beetroot bits.

Steep Information:
Amount: 3 tsp
Additives: none
Water: 2 zarafina c
Tool: Zarafina white-loose-medium
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: Sweet, fruity, berry
Steeped Tea Smell: Smells like leaves and fruit, papya maybe, sweet
Flavor: sweet, berry, tart, bitter
Body: Light
Aftertaste: bitter
Liquor: Translucent orange

I think this is being discontinued as I got it on 50% off sale, no return stamped from Teavana.

I saw such positive reviews on Steepster I decided to try it.

I think I should have chosen mild not medium.

Post-Steep Additives: German rock sugar, sweeter but still bitter.

Resteep: same as the first.

Update: Tried again Zarafina 2 c white-loose-medium with German rock sugar
Much better! It is now tart but not bitter.
It is generically fruity and berry. I can’t pick out the specific flavors.

Bumping from 2/4 to 3/4

Rating: 3/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: