Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TheNecessiTeas Loose Leaf Herbal Tea 'Strawberry Kiwi'

Tea Information:
Tea: Strawberry Kiwi
Type: Herbal Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: TheNecessiTeas
Purchase: Here
Description: Sweet strawberries are blended with kiwi to create a fruit tisane that is full bodied and refreshing. Makes a great iced tea! Naturally caffeine free.
Ingredients: apple, hibiscus, rosehips, kiwi, strawberry, natural flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 5 tsp - the entire sample bag
Additives: none
Water: 1 cast iron teapot full of filtered boiling water
Tool: Cast Iron Teapot with Mesh basket strainer
Steep Time: a little over 8 minutes (did 5, it was too weak)
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: strawberry, kiwi
Steeped Tea Smell: strawberry rhubarb pie
Flavor: Strawberry, sweet berry
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: slightly tangy (hibiscus)
Liquor: store bought cherry pie colored

Purchased this sample to help find a tea to fill my nightly no caffeine niche.

Where are you hiding my kiwi? I can't find it. And I am not sure why there are rosehips in there, and not sure I could find them, but I wonder if there would be less weird 'other' in this tea without them.

I was happy to drink the whole pot, but it was straightforward strawberry so not interesting enough for me to purchase more of.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing




No comments: