Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

52Teas Loose Leaf Green Tea 'Cucumber Melon'

Tea Information:
Tea: Cucumber Melon
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Our celebrated Chinese sencha blended with real freeze-dried diced cucumber and muskmelon flavors.

So my wife likes to go to this place in the mall; I think it’s called “Smelly Stuff and Goop Werks.” And she always buys this Cucumber Melon soap, and the stuff just keep making me think I should create a cucumber melon tea. I mean, it really smells good enough to drink or eat, except for the fact that it’s soap and it would probably taste like soap. (Ma only had to wash my mouth out with soap once for me to learn that lesson, thank you very much.)

So anyway, here’s our amazing new tea of the week: Chinese sencha blended with real freeze-dried cucumber dices and natural cucumber and muskmelon flavors.

This one IS going to go fast, and I don’t have the ingredients to reblend it right now (took me a while to find freeze-dried cucumbers, let me tell you), so grab it while you can!

Ingredients: Green tea, freeze-dried cucumber dices, natural flavors.

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 heaping tsp
Water: 1 Zarafina cup
Tool: Zarafina Green-Loose-Medium
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: like cucumber melon hand lotion (not in a bad way, I always think they smell good enough to eat)
Steeped Tea Smell: Mostly cucumber, hint of melon and hint of vegetal
Flavor: cucumbers and melon and green tea, not really blended but in a dance of layers
Body: Light
Aftertaste: slightly vegetal but a pleasant way not bitter or astringent
Liquor: translucent nearly clear yellow-green

Next time i want to try with sweetener or iced.

Resteep:Zarafina Green-Loose-Strong weak, bitter, still cucumber melon, next time will try medium

Rating: 3/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: