Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

52Teas Loose Leaf Rooibos Tea 'PBJ'

Tea Information:
Tea: PBJ
Type: Rooibos Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Yeah, we did it. Peanut butter chips, freeze-dried strawberries and natural flavors blended with our caffeine-free African Rooibos.
Ingredients: Rooibos, peanut butter chips, freeze-dried strawberries, natural flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 tsp if I had followed directions it would have been 3
Additives: none
Water:22 ounces filtered boiling, but then sat for a little as we sniffed quizzically
Tool: Cast Iron Teapot with Mesh basket strainer
Steep Time: a little over 7 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: It smells, just like a pbj sandwich
Steeped Tea Smell: Strawberry rooibos
Flavor: Rooibos, hint of strawberry, Militiajim found the hint of PB but it's hiding from me still
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: Sweet
Liquor: Dark reddish-brown translucent

Perhaps I need to steep it longer?

Last night I drank a coconut custard pie, and tonight I drank a PBJ. I think I have a drinking problem (j/k) ;-)

Post-Steep Additives: none

It's getting 2/4 for being a solid rooibos, but that's all it's managed to be so far. The taste just isn't living up to the smell.

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: