Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

The O Dor Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Photo de Classe'

Tea Information:
Tea: Photo de Classe
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: The O Dor
Purchase: Here
Description: Black tea from Ceylon and China graced with natural flavours of hazelnut, almond, chocolate and orange.
Ingredients: ?

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 tsp
Water: 1 zarafina cup filtered water
Tool: Zarafina black-loose-medium
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: hazelnut, orange
Steeped Tea Smell: hazelnut, almond, chocolate, orange
Flavor: smooth orange black tea with hints of nuts as you swallow
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: a hint of chocolate and nut
Liquor: translucent orange-brown

This sample was from the wonderful Doulton who was kind enough to include two servings, I must assume she is a details person and the other one is for my mom!

This came bundled up with my Dammann Freres (which Doulton was kind enough to arrange, and has thus far made my mother very happy and me kind of sad at French subtlety).

I find this tea a little subtle, but enjoyable. This is not a first cup of the morning wake up drink however.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep: Zarafina black-loose-medium
a slight bit astringent, otherwise just as good

It's yummy, not craving it, but I will not turn down more, and would consider tossing some of this in an order if I were already placing it.

Rating: 3/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: