Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Tbar Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Caramel'

Tea Information:
Tea: Caramel
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Tbar
Purchase: at the store
Description: Black tea and caramel pieces.
Ingredients: ?

Steep Information:
Prepared in store by staff
Tool: Make your own tea bag
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Steeped Tea Smell: Vanilla, caramel, sweet black tea
Flavor: Black tea, smooth with no bitterness, but slight astringency. The caramel is a hint as you swallow
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: astringency
Liquor: deep dark brown

I had this tea with my fig and turkey panini for lunch. I wanted a caffeinated punch to keep me going through the afternoon, so I stuck to the black tea section of the menu. I decided to give the caramel a whirl as I found only subtle caramel flavors in teas so far. This was no exception, it was subtlety sweet and caramel. This was an excellent paring with the sweet fig.

The search continues for a bold caramel flavored tea, however if you appreciate subtle or are having something sweet there I recommend this tea.

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing



No comments: