Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Tea Forte Loose Leaf Green Tea 'Green Tango'

Tea Information:
Tea: Green Tango
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Tea Forte
Purchase: Here
Description: Chinese Jade Wing green tea is blended with South African green honeybush and tropical mangoes. A luscious blend that is smooth, fruity and naturally sweet.
Ingredients: green tea, mango cubes, peppermint, ginger root, green honeybush and natural flavor

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 loose tea single steeps packet
Water: 12 ounces hot spigot water
Tool: kati loose tea system
Steep Time: a little over 3 minutes, well maybe more like 20 minutes?
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: peppermint, mango, licorice, sweet
Steeped Tea Smell: licorice, mint, ginger, hints of sweet
Flavor: bitter (not a surprise with how badly over steeped it is), minty, light ginger taste
Body: Medium/Full
Aftertaste: bitter and minty with hints of sweet
Liquor: translucent orange-brown

I blame Kristin and TeaEqualsBliss - because I saw them both review and decided to jump in the fray.

I blame Steepster for my oversteeping of tea, so much to read I forgot about the tea steeping under my nose! the 3 minutes became 20 since the application didn't beep.

NOTE: The Tea Forte iPodTouch application will STOP when the screen saver kicks in and hence STOP counting and then doesn't beep. I believe this is a failure of the iTouch itself to not be able to mutli-task and auto suspending everything when it locks up. To help with this issue in the future I changed my auto lock to 5 minutes instead of 1.

For all I butchered the preparation of this tea it is refreshing and nice. I don't taste the mango though. The peppermint ginger is really interesting and fresh.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Rating: 3/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing






No comments: