Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Teavana Loose Leaf Herbal Tea 'Banana Calypso'

Tea Information:
Tea: Banana Calypso
Type: Herbal Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Teavana
Purchase: discontinued
Description: Herbal blend of apple, banana, pineapple, grape, orange peels, lemon peels, and marigold petals. It is a tropical and naturally sweet blend full of vitamin C and antioxidants. It's also caffeine free (and kids love it as well!)
Ingredients: Apple, pineapple, banana, grape, orange peels, lemon peels, and marigold flowers.

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 tsp
Water: 16 oz filtered boiling
Tool: ceramic Tea Forte solstice teapot
Steep Time: a little over 7 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: apple, pineapple, raisin
Steeped Tea Smell: apple, orange, banana
Flavor: apple, pineapple, sweet
Body: Light
Aftertaste: sweet
Liquor: translucent orange-yellow

My mom had some of this in her cupboard from a trip to Teavana we made a while back. It has been discontinued. I won't miss it too much, it tastes like apple cider with some raisins and pineapple.

I've had it before, but not since I started the blog. So when I visited my mom today she sent me home with it so I could revisit the tea and also get a chance to blog it.

In other news she plans to get the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL for mother's day. I also want one. I promise to do a side by side review of the zarafina and the breville when they arrive.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep: I let it steep forever, I got colored but flavorless water. This is not re-steep-able

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: