Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

TheNecessiTeas Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Earl Grey Le Creme'

Tea Information:
Tea: Earl Grey Le Creme
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: TheNecessiTeas
Purchase: Here
Description: Our Earl Grey Le Creme is a forgiving indulgence essenced with vanilla and cream. Go ahead, treat yourself!
Ingredients: black tea, blue corn flowers, and flavoring

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 tsp (recommended 1.5 tsp per 8 ounces)
Additives: none
Water: 8 oz / 1 zarafina cup
Tool: Zarafina black-loose-medium
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet, fruity, floral, vanilla, delicious
Steeped Tea Smell: earl grey
Flavor: earl grey
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: none
Liquor: translucent medium brown

I should have added a bit more leaf, but I was too excited and didn't read the directions before I began.

It came out as a very decent earl grey, nothing too different from the normal (creamy or otherwise) I could detect. It was a bit on the mild side and I wonder if using strong instead of medium would have served the tea better?

It was only a sample, and I split my samples with my mom, so no fiddling with this one for me. There are plenty more earl greys that are more unique and I would prefer for me to worry about revising the preparation of this one.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep: Zarafina black-loose-medium
Weak but serviceable cup of tea

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing



No comments: