Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Georgia Tea Company Loose Leaf Rooibos Tea 'Rooibos Mocha Rocha'

Tea Information:
Tea: Rooibos Mocha Rocha
Type: Rooibos Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Georgia Tea Company
Purchase: Click the image below

Description: With hints of coffee and caramels this will for sure replace that cup of Joe. Try it with sugar and cream! Makes a great desert drink.

Steep Information:
Amount: 3 tsp
Water: 12 ounces hot spigot water
Tool: kati loose tea system (my Review here.)
Steep Time: a lot over 5 minutes, I lost track of time
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: chocolaty, sweet, woody
Steeped Tea Smell: coffee, caramel, chocolate
Flavor: sweet, rooibos, hints of caramel, hints of coffee
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: coffee
Liquor: dark opaque red-brown

I won these teas in a contest that was run by Dan on Steepster that was great fun, and got me tea prizes! Dan will be running the contest monthly, so keep an eye out!

I find the labels on the tea samples to be perfect, they include the company name, tea name, tea type, and steeping directions. I have been informed that the samples that you buy on the web site, or any teas purchased on the site, will come in food safe, plastic lined, kraft bags which keep light out and keep the tea fresh for about 4-5 months. Tea is best stored in tins which are not clear and air tight, since light activates the steeping process and moisture as well. The sample bags I received were about 2-3 cups each, where purchased samples are larger.

I am playing a game with the samples, see this post for details.

It's a very nice coffee flavored, caffeine free drink, I'm really enjoying this!

Post-Steep Additives: 1 packet white sugar
much more caramel than coffee now

An excellent dessert tea!

Rating: 3/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: