Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mad Pots of Tea Loose Leaf Blend Tea 'AmazonV's Get Up & Go'

Tea Information:
Tea: AmazonV's Get Up & Go
Type: Blend Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Mad Pots of Tea
Purchase: Here
Description: Words of Inspiration from the form: Black & Red, Tropical, Energizing, Nutty, Fruity, Sweet, Spicy, Intense, Orchard, Market, Full-Bodied, Aromatic
Ingredients: Keemun Tea, Sarsparilla Root, Cinnamon, Clove, Cardamom, Papaya, Cranberries, Rose Hips, Coconut, Almond, Lapsong Souchong & Hibiscus

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 tsp
Water: 750ml 212°
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL (Black, custom)
Steep Time: a little over 4 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: a root beer tropical floral explosion! I can't put my finger on the smells, but I enjoy sniffing it
Steeped Tea Smell: warm, spicy, fruity
Flavor: warm, spicy, fruity, smooth
Body: Full
Aftertaste: cirtusy sweet and cinnamon
Liquor: Dark opaque orange-brown

I saw LiberTEAS talking about ordering a PersonaliTEA, so I ordered one too.

It arrived in a box decorated with cute teacup stamps. Inside the box was red tissuepaper wrapping up a bag of tea and a card. The card talked about creating my blend, and what the inspiration from my survey was. Everything was done up very adorably, I love when packages seem wrapped in care.

I wonder if the coloring was done just for me, or if they're all red.

I think this would do well prepared as a latte.

It has less of the WAKE UP than I was hoping for and the name implied, this is more like a brunch cup of delicious warm and comforting.

Rating: 3/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing










1 comment:

AmazonV said...

Update: Yes the packaging colors are customized per recipient, how fabulous!