Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

ShantiTea Loose Leaf Herbal Tea 'Fairytale Tea'

Tea Information:
Tea: Fairytale Tea
Type: Herbal Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: ShantiTea
Purchase: Here
Description: Fairytale tea is an inspired blend of colorful herbs and flowers whose vivid infusion and magical aroma will take you back to your childhood fairytales of magic and romance, lovely damsels and dashing princes. It has a smooth light taste with a slightly minty finish and a hint of spice. Just the right combination to accompany your imagination on its magical journey...
Ingredients: can't find them

Steep Information:
Amount: 8.6g sample
Water: 500ml filtered water, 212°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL (herbal, medium)
Steep Time: 4 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: chamomile
Steeped Tea Smell: chamomile, something else sweet
Flavor: chamomile, lemon, mint
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: mint, lemon
Liquor: translucent dark yellow-green

I won this in the weekly (Monday) twitter contest @ShantiTea - they also have contests on their ShantiTea facebook page. I was able to pick out any tea I wanted when I won.

I don't like that I am unable to find the ingredients list.

I choose this one for the name, and also because I have enough caffeinated teas and needed more caffeine free choices.

This is a ho-hum kind of tea, it's not bad but it doesn't stand out in any way.

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing







No comments: