Search This Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

52Teas Loose Leaf Honeybush Tea 'Monkey Fart'

Tea Information:
Tea: Monkey Fart
Type: Honeybush Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: We've gone bananas for our inaugural blend! Real dried bananas and natural flavors.

Going a little bananas this week. Too many things to do, and not enough time to do them in, so I felt it was appropriate to offer our Monkey Fart Honeybush from MySweetHoneybush.com for this week’s Tea of the Week.

Caffeine-free African honeybush blended with real freeze-dried bananas and natural banana flavors. Go bananas with me!

With sincere apologies to my business partner, Stacia, who HATES monkeys (Really, how can you hate monkeys?)

Ingredients: Honeybush, dried bananas, natural flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: ~3 tsp
Water: 12oz ~160°F hot spigot water
Tool: kati loose tea system (my Review here.)
Steep Time: 8+ minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: laffy taffy banana
Steeped Tea Smell: honeybush
Flavor: banana runts
Body: Full
Aftertaste: sweet
Liquor: opaque dark brown

Post-Steep Additives: 1 packet white sugar

Resteep: weak, but drinkable, I left it in for so long I lost track of time!

I love banana laffy, I love banana runts, I LOVE this tea. I will be very sad when it is gone.

Sorry I do not have pictures of the brewed tea, it disappears from my cup very quickly!

Rating: 4/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing



No comments: