Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kusmi Tea Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Troika'

Tea Information:
Tea: Troika
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Kusmi Tea
Purchase: Here
Description: Blend of black teas from China, India and Ceylon flavored with natural essences of bergamot, orange, and mandarin, this tea is Russian flavor at its best!

Trioka is a Russian term meaning an ensemble of three things. In this tea, the troika is the subtle alliance of three flavorful citruses.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened


Steep Information:
Amount: 2 heaping tsp
Water: 500ml filtered 212°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: citrus, smoke
Steeped Tea Smell: earl grey
Flavor: smooth bergamot black tea
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: citrus, smoke
Liquor: translucent orange brown

I bought this when I visited the Kusmi store in NYC, it's a tiny tin part of the Russian sampler. It's smooth, not bitter, and enjoyable but it doesn't grab me and demand I keep it stocked.

I think the Kusmi teas, like the french teas, are subtle flavors and I prefer bold.

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing








No comments: