Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

"Who wrote the book of tea" presented by James Norwood Pratt

Saturday, October 2nd 4:30pm
"Who wrote the book of tea" presented by James Norwood Pratt

James is a fascinating speaker, educational and amusing. He spoke on the history of the major books about tea and how he came to write his own.

I had seen him on the webcast of Samovar's and was excited to meet him in person.

I purchased his "New Tea Lover's Treasury" book and got it signed!

He knew of a tea place on South Street in Philadelphia and recommended I visit - The House of Tea I can not wait to visit it!

While we were talking I also found out he and his beautiful wife don't watch TV or do the "internet thing". In fact I believe he might have said they don't even have cellular phones!

I do wish I could listen to him go on more about tea - it's fun and he knows so much and has been so many places.


No comments: