Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Arbor Teas Company Review

I wanted to talk a little about Arbor Teas.

Arbor Teas contacted me and then sent me some samples for free in order for me to review it and get the word out about their teas in October as it is Fair Trade Month.

They ship USPS Priority mail, and pack the teas very well, everything arrived in perfect shape.

There was a lovely personalized note to me thanking me for participating in the blog push for Fair Trade Month, as well as telling me a bit about the company. I appreciate hearing about the companies whose tea I try. I so far am enjoying both this company, and their products.

The compostable packages are opaque and have listed suggested steeping parameters and a stapled on paper tag with the specific tea information. They include a note about re-packaging your tea into opaque air-tight containers for longer shelf lives.

From http://www.arborteas.com/the-environment.html
"Our dedication to protecting the environment pre-dates our love of tea, which is why we’ve taken every step we can think of to reduce the environmental footprint of Arbor Teas.

Never ones to rest on our laurels, we’re always looking for further opportunities to "green-up" our company, giving back to the planet whenever we can. Here’s just a quick summary of the measures we take at Arbor Teas to reduce the environmental impact of our business:
• Our entire catalog of teas is certified organic under the USDA National Organic Program.
• We are the first and only tea company to deliver its full line of organic loose teas in 100% backyard compostable packaging. In doing so, we've significantly reduced both the carbon emissions and waste stream associated with our products."


And from their letter to me "every tea in out catalog is certified organic, and nearly two-thirds are Fair Trade certified."






Received this product for free in return for writing a review. The review is as unbiased as possible despite the free product. I receive no other compensation.

No comments: