Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Mate Factor Company Loose Leaf Mate Tisane 'Dark Roast'

Tea Information:
Tea: Organic Dark Roast Yerba Mate Loose
Type: Yerba Mate Tisane (Tea is technically only from the camellia sinensis plant)
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Mate Factor
Purchase: Here

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp
Water: hot spigot water
Tool: kati loose tea system (my Review here.)
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes (http://steep.it)
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: grassy, smoke
Steeped Tea Smell: roasty, molasses
Flavor: gritty, thick, roasty, smoky, woody
Body: Full
Aftertaste: astringent and bitter
Liquor: opaque dark brown, like coffee

A gift from TeaEqualsBliss.

I enjoyed this, I have found I only like roasted mate and not green mate.

I think a bit of cream and sugar would go well in this.

Steepster Reviews

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





2 comments:

Alex Zorach said...

I really like this particular mate. I did not enjoy Mate Factor's green mate as much. However, there is a green mate from Upton Tea Imports that I liked much more: BH20 Green Yerba Mate -- I wouldn't give up on the green stuff yet if you've only tried one.

Or have you tried enough different kinds that you are pretty sure you just don't like it?

AmazonV said...

I've tried to give green mate a good try

(http://amazonv.blogspot.com/search/label/Mate%20Tisane)

-Samovar Loose Leaf Mate Tea 'Peppermint Yerba Mate'
-Samovar Loose Leaf Mate Tea 'Yerba Mate'
-Samovar Loose Leaf Mate Tea 'Kuki Yerba Mate'
-Guayaki Teabag Mate Tea 'Yerba Mate'
-Teas Etc Loose Leaf Mate Tea 'yerba mate'

So far no luck with liking green.

If i make it through my cupboard lockdown I'm always willing to try more teas and might swap for some BH20 on Steepster.