Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tea Forte Loose Leaf Single Steeps Herbal Tisane 'blueberry merlot'

Tea Information:
Tea: blueberry merlot
Type: Herbal Tisane (Tea is technically only from the camellia sinensis plant)
Packaging: Loose Leaf Single Steeps
Company: Tea Forte
Purchase: Here
Description: Deep taste of succulent summer-sweet blueberries with a wisp of sage to heighten an excellent cup.
Ingredients: organic rosehips, organic hibiscus, organic blueberries, organic sage, natural flavors, organic cornflower blossoms

Steep Information:
Amount: Single Steeps packet
Water: 12oz hot spigot water
Tool: kati loose tea system (my Review here.)
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes (http://steep.it/5%20minutes)
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: cherry, berry, hibiscus?
Steeped Tea Smell: berry, tart, floral
Flavor: hibiscus
Body: Full
Aftertaste: tart
Liquor: barely translucent dark purple-red

Too much hibiscus, and I like hibiscus.

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing








I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

No comments: