Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Kusmi Teabag Black Tea 'Earl Grey Smoky'

Tea Information:
Tea: Earl Grey Smoky
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Teabag
Company: Kusmi
Purchase: Here
Description: Smoky black tea from China flavoured with bergamot.

Earl Grey is a great classic among teas, chosen by the Royal Family of British Monarchy for more than 200 years.

Appreciated for its refreshing and toning notes, it is one of the most drunk teas in the world.

Kusmi has made a smoky version that goes very well with a pastry.


Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag
Water: 12 ounces boiling water
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: lapsang souchong (campfire smoke)
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet, lapsang souchong (campfire smoke), bake-y, citrus
Flavor: smokey, bakey, citrus, astringent back tea
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: astringent
Liquor: translucent dark brown

I am not a huge smoke-y fan, but I do love how this combines earl grey into the smoked flavor.

I love the quality of packaging on Kusmi products.

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing














I purchased this product.
All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

2 comments:

Ms. Ainee C. Beland said...

Review is lovely. It is now on my wish list for trying. I like knowing that reviews are unbiased as should be. To truly like or not like something is best said worthy. Thank you.

AmazonV said...

@seule771 I am very glad you found this review helpful, and I hope you get to try some soon.