Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

two leaves and a bud Teabag Green Tea 'Tamayokucha'

Tea Information:
Tea: Tamayokucha
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Teabag
Company: two leaves and a bud
Purchase: Here
Description: There's a reason this is our best selling green tea - it has a sweet, light flavor you want in a cuppa' green tea, without being bitter. How do we do it? These whole tea leaves are gently steamed as they dry. Tamayokucha has a beautiful green hue you'll enjoy seeing in your cup as much as savoring on your tongue.
Ingredients: Green tea* (*organic)

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag
Water: hot spigot water, 6-8oz
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes (http://steep.it)
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet, herb-like
Steeped Tea Smell: grassy
Flavor: grassy
Body: Full
Aftertaste: bitter
Liquor: translucent dark yellow

too hot water? too long? anyway, grassy

Thank you TeaEqualsBliss!

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





I received this product as a gift. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

1 comment:

Alex Zorach said...

Too hot water! That's my thought.

I drink this tea regularly. I would recommend giving it a second try if you did not enjoy it (if you have any more on hand). I have found it is very difficult to brew well.

I also find it does best with water that is only slightly warm, 140-160F. 180F water (which I use to brew most green teas) makes it come out pretty terrible.

It's not my favorite green tea even when brewed properly, but I do find it is very enjoyable, and I find it is pretty much undrinkable when I brew it with hotter water.