Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

52Teas Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal'

Tea Information:
Tea: Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal Black Tea
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: I’m a picky eater. My wife and mother can attest to this. It’s not that I’m trying to be difficult really, but somehow I just wound up that way. Oatmeal is one of those things that, as a kid, made my stomach turn. It SMELLED amazing, but the texture and the appearance of it just ruined me for it. As an adult now, knowing more specifically what the gloppy stuff is, I don’t think I would have such an issue with oatmeal. I’m thinking I might just have to give it another try one of these days.

In the meantime, I’ve been working on this week’s tea of the week–a maple and brown sugar oatmeal flavored TEA! I’m actually enjoying a hot cup of the fruit of my labor right now, and it’s delicious!

My wife, bless her heart, made me some oatmeal scotchies for my birthday tomorrow, and they are an awesome companion to this tea, believe me. With rolled oats and natural flavors including oatmeal, maple and brown sugar, this is a tea that will “stick to your ribs” as my mother used to say of oatmeal. (Probably another reason I didn’t want any–why would you tell a kid that? It sounds horrible and painful.)

Ingredients: Premium black teas, rolled oats, natural flavors.

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp
Water: 500ml at 195°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: Sweet maple, smokey tea
Steeped Tea Smell: maple, toasty black tea
Flavor: sweet black tea, hints of maple, end of sip is a bit oaty, slightly gritty mouthfeel
Body: Full
Aftertaste: astringent
Liquor: translucent dark brown-orange

The maple seems to mask or overpower the brown sugar, perhaps if I add some sugar? Overall a nice sweet (without additives) black wake up tea.

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing







I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

No comments: