Tea: Fengqing Dragon Pearl Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Description: A pearl shape Black tea, which is named Black Dragon Pearl
- The leaves come from wild tea trees in Fengqing, Yunnan.
- Taste sweet and smooth, with a slight flavor of chocolate.
- Globular black tea, with plenty of white hairs.
- Shaped into balls by hand.
- The tea liquor is red-brown.
- Each piece Diameter sizes from 8 to 12 millimeters.
- 3-4 pieces for 8oz of water. Brew at 212 ºF (100 ºC) for 1 to 2 minutes
The leaves of Black Dragon Pearl tea would only be picked around the time of Qingming / Pre-Ming, which is around Apr. 5, 2011 in spring. It’s the highest grade in spring teas, with marked white hairs. The pearl of this tea are 8 to 12 millimeters in diameter. When carefully smelling the flavor of dry tea, you can easily figure a slight smell of chocolate beside the aroma of black tea.
Ingredients:Pure tea buds and leaves
Amount: 7 balls
Water: 500ml at 212°F
Tool:Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 1 minute 30 seconds
Dry Leaf Smell: coco
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet, coco, toasty
Flavor: toasty, sweet
Aftertaste: coco, toasty
Liquor: translucent dark orange brown
same as first
I enjoyed the nice toasty and coco notes!
Rating: 3/4 leaves
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing
I received this product for free in return for writing a review.All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.