Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013

52Teas Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Butterbeer'

Tea Information:
Tea: Butterbeer
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: I got my recipe directly from The Three Broomsticks: Premium black teas blended with a bit of essence of rootbeer, a bit of butter vapors, some licorice root, chichory root and a touch of magic. Our Butterbeer tea is the beverage of choice for wizards of all ages, and if you have no idea what I’m referring to, please go on about your muggle life, this blend is for Harry Potter fans only. Well, okay, I guess muggles could enjoy it too. It is truly unique and delicious. A blend worthy of the 52teas brand of creative flavored teas. Enjoy!
Ingredients:Premium black teas, licorice root, chichory root, natural flavors.

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp
Water: 500ml at 195°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: root beer barrel candies, ginger
Steeped Tea Smell: toasty, root beer
Flavor: sweet, black tea, root beer, black tea
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: astringent, barky
Liquor: translucent dark red-brown

Not buttery :( I was expecting butterscotch?

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.



No comments: