Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013

52Teas Loose Leaf Honeybush Tisane 'Mint Chocolate Chip'

Tea Information:
Tea: Mint Chocolate Chip
Type: Honeybush Tisane (Tea is technically only from the camellia sinensis plant)
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Our Tea of the week this week is a blend of sweet, caffeine-free African honeybush, rich, dark cacao nibs (organic ones, even) and fresh cut peppermint with natural flavors. Our honeybush blends are always popular. I expect this one is not going to be an exception, so don’t drag your feet, as always, this is a limited edition blend.
Ingredients: Honeybush, organic cacao nibs, peppermint, natural flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp
Water: 12oz at 212°F
Tool: metal filter basket
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: mint, coco nibs
Steeped Tea Smell: peppermint, hints of coco
Flavor: watery, mint, hint of more
Body: Light
Aftertaste: peppermint
Liquor: opaque dark brown

I always find chocolate teas disappointing

Post-Steep Additives:
1 spoonful honey
splash almond milk

thicker, minty, more hint of coco.

Now that's yummy.

Add some tapioca balls, YUM, Mint chocolate boba tea

Don't look at me like that

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.





No comments: