Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Teavana Loose Lea Oolong Tea 'Six Summits Oolong'

Tea Information:
Tea: Six Summits Oolong
Type: Oolong Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Teavana Company
Purchase: Here *Discontinued*
Description: This is an exceptionally handcrafted Oolong tea with a luscious natural berry aroma and taste. Good for multiple infusions.
Ingredients: Oolong tea with a natural berry flavor

Steep Information:
Amount: 7 tsp
Water: 1200ml at 195°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: vegetal
Steeped Tea Smell: berry, toasty
Flavor: berry, bitter, toasty
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: berry, astringent
Liquor: translucent orange-brown

It seems to have had it's recipe altered over time and then gotten discontinued.
I believe I purchased it because it was nice iced. It's not bad, but not remarkable.

Resteep:
1200ml at 195°F for 6 minutes
slightly bitter raspberry, still nice and toasty, smooth, a little nutty

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.





No comments: