Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

52Teas Loose Leaf White Tea 'Apricot Cheesecake'

Tea Information:
Tea: Apricot Cheesecake
Type: White Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: We’ve had a few cheesecake blends over the years, and I’ve heard from a number of customers that the cheesecake is a bit on the subtle side. So I’ve decided to try a cheesecake blend with a lighter tea that might not normally be a good match for cheesecake flavors. (I tend to want to pair our white teas with sweet, fruity notes.) So here is our delicious shou mei white tea, blended with real freeze-dried apricot bits and natural apricot and cheesecake flavors. And it is truly delicious!
Our Tea of the Week for the Week of August 6, 2012

Ingredients: Premium white teas, freeze-dried apricot, natural flavors.

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 tsp
Water: 750ml at 185°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: Apricot danishy
Steeped Tea Smell: floral, fruity, vegetal
Flavor: apricot, floral, sweet, vegetal, smooth
Body: Light
Aftertaste: tangy, floral
Liquor: translucent light orange brown

getting hints of apricot, no real cheesecake-ness, but a very beautiful white.

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.



No comments: