Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

52Teas Loose Leaf White Tea 'Earl Black'

Tea Information:
Tea: Earl Black
Type: White Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: It’s another hot day in Doo-Dah (I have no idea why Wichitans refer to the city as “Doo-Dah” but it feels right; feel free to enlighten me if you know where this comes from). I’m pretty sure that the global warming people were right. I’m just hoping we can fix it before we all turn into puddles of goo.
In the meantime, I’m relaxing with a big glass tumbler full of our new tea of the week. It’s a blend of shou mei white teas, dried black currants, organic bergamot flavor and natural black currant flavor. And it is seriously hitting the spot. I got some really nice shou mei for this blend: it’s light and sweet, but very much a presence in a cup that is otherwise a perfect balance of tart and sweet. I have always loved our black currant bai mu dan, and if you like that and like earl grey, I don’t think you can possibly go wrong with this blend. It is delicious!
While you’re picking this up (because I know everyone is going to want this one), don’t forget about our awesome new iced teas (in teabags!). Also, as of this writing I have TWO pouches of Butterbeer left in stock, and I won’t be able to reblend it for a few weeks (waiting on some supplies), so if you want some, don’t miss your chance.
Our Tea of the Week for the week of July 2, 2012

Ingredients: White tea, dried black currants, natural and/or organic flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 4-5 tsp
Water: 750ml at 185°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: currant, lemon, floral, sweet
Steeped Tea Smell: floral, vegetal, sweet currant, hint lemon
Flavor: vegetal, floral
Body: Light
Aftertaste: lemon
Liquor: translucent light yellow-green

Smells delightful, pretty standard white.

Post-Steep Additives:
White sugar
more current flavor comes out

Resteep:
750ml at 185°F for 3 minutes
Light, floral, delicious

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.





No comments: