Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

Tea Scones

After finding out American scones are unacceptable, I got a recipe and decided to make my own

It didn't go well and I'll have to give it another go.

4 cups self raising flour
1 cup cream
1 cup soda - unflavoured or suitable flavor
1/4 cup caster sugar (I used standard granulated sugar)
1/4 teaspoon of salt

Mix all the ingredients together and then knead until well combined.
Roll out on a floured board and cut into shapes using a drinking glass.
Bake at 160c/320f for 12-15 minutes

So, I followed the directions. I used Persian princess tea syrup, which ended up being weak. I got sticky goupy mess when kneading and as a result made balls and didn't cut them out. I think they were a bit large. Next time I may up the flour and sugar bits and add a stronger soda.

The end result, baked 20 minutes, was soft, moist, fluffy, and not much more flavor than a biscuit, but goes divine with jam.

Next attempt I may go with matcha?



1/4 tsp salt


4c self rising flour


1/4 c sugar


Soda Stream


Persian Princess Syrup


Persian princess soda


1c cream




No comments: