Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

52Teas Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Gingerbread Smoke'

Tea Information:
Tea: Gingerbread Smoke
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: BIG announcement later this week. We’re going to be launching our Indiegogo crowd-funding campaign to raise the capital we need to bring back Zoomdweebie’s Tea Bar. I hope you will all stay tuned and help us out with your contributions and with sharing the campaign for us. We have some AWESOME perks set up for it. You won’t want to miss out on them.

As for this week’s Tea of the Week, I think this is the tribute blend I should have done months ago when I released the Inscape blend. Inscape was maybe a bit too deep and complicated, whereas this one gets right to the heart of the (dark) matter.

If you haven’t read Joe Hill’s new horror novel NOS4A2 (think Nosferatu), you’re missing out. This week’s blend attempts to capture the essence of the insidious Gasmask Man’s terrible gingerbread smoke, which he uses to daze and sedate his victims. The tea is a blend of our premium black teas, ginger root pieces and just a hint of smoked lapsang souchong. It tastes a bit like the gingerbread cookies my mom used to make (she had a habit of burning cookies, but don’t tell her I said so).

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of August 12, 2013

Ingredients: Premium black teas (including lapsing soughing), ginger root, organic flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp
Water: 500ml at 200°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes 30 seconds
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: GINGER
Steeped Tea Smell: smoke, ginger
Flavor: bakey, ginger, sweet
Body: Full
Aftertaste: toasty
Liquor:dark translucent red brown

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

No comments: