Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

52Teas Loose Leaf White Tea 'Apple Jack’s Apple Harvest Shou Mei'

Tea Information:
Tea: Apple Jack’s Apple Harvest Shou Mei
Type: White Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Our Tea of the Week for the Week of September 15, 2014
Dear Princess Celestia Readers,
I’m not really a brony. I wouldn’t be ashamed to say so if I was, but I think it would be an insult to the passion of real bronies to claim to be. Instead, I am the father of a seven year-old daughter who LOVES the ponies. I have seen enough episodes (several of which I have seen countless times) to understand the passion of the true fans. It is a beautifully animated, well written, acted and produced series.
I actually created this tea and THEN thought it would be fun to tie it in with Apple Jack. I thought that perhaps my daughter (and maybe a few other people out there on the wide web) would get a kick out of it, no pun intended. I sincerely hope that the powers that be don’t sue us–remember, friendship is magic, and I don’t have any money anyway. Incidentally, thanks very much to Ketcham1009 for the beautiful vector art licensed under creative commons.
The Tea
YEE HAW! Listen up, everypony: this tea is a delicious blend of hay-like shou mei white tea, freeze-dried red-delicious- and granny smith- apples and organic flavors. This tea tastes like heaven and is great hot or iced. Don’t be surprised if drinking it leaves you uttering strange phrases like, “What in the hay is going on?”

Ingredients: Premium white tea, freeze-dried red- and granny smith- apples, organic flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 9.5g
Water: 750ml at 180°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: cucumber, sweet, floral, green apples
Steeped Tea Smell: floral, vegetal
Flavor: vegetal, floral, sweet, fuzzy
Body: Light
Aftertaste: green apples
Liquor: lovely dark orange-brown

I love My Little Pony! Sadly this tea isn't very apple-y

Post-Steep Additives:
sugar
more apple-y and sweet, less floral and vegetal

I think this would make a great iced tea, however it is chilly out

also this is the 4th day of the 12 teas of Christmas

Resteep:
Water: 750ml at 180°F
Steep Time: 3 minutes

a little more vegetal and astringent

Resteep:
Water: 750ml at 180°F
Steep Time: 4 minutes

not much flavor, but lots of color

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

Oct 2014

Dec 2014

No comments: