Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Radiance Tea House and Books Loose Leaf Green Tea 'Rain Flower'

Tea Information:
Tea: Rain Flower
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Radiance Tea House and Books
Purchase: Here
Description: The gentle and fresh taste of this tea is as wonderful as its name. The creation of this tea is extremely arduous as it takes 3,000 leaves to produce only 1 ounce of high-grade quality tea.
Ingredients:

Steep Information:
Amount: 3 teaspoons
Additives: none
Water: 170 filtered, boiled
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Smell: vegital, smoky, reminded me of a garden
Flavor: grassy, vegetal
Body: Light
Aftertaste: sweet and tangy
Liquor: light, nearly clear, green

As I've said before I don't really love the grassy vegital taste of greens, but I keep trying them anyway. I was worried the leaves didn't unfurl enough - was the water too cool? too hot? Did I not steep long enough? I tried a little at 2 minutes and it was still too weak, then decided at 3 it was enough as I didn't want it to get bitter. I think adding anything would overpower this tea.

Resteep:
I tried 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 7 minutes. All were too weak and by 7 it was too bitter.

Rating: 1.5/3

I didn't toss it and was fine drinking it, but I won't be buying it again.



No comments: