Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Path of Tea Loose Leaf Herbal Tea 'Organic Lover's Kiss'

Tea Information:
Tea: Organic Lover's Kiss
Type: Herbal Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: The Path of Tea
Purchase: Here
Description: A full flavored tea with deep berry notes. The infused cup is burgundy red and provides strength and character. Terrific hot or cold. Looks lovely in the cup or glass. MUST try!
Ingredients: ?

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 tsp
Additives: none
Water: filtered boiling
Tool: Cast Iron Teapot with Mesh basket strainer - not all the way full just enough to cover the tea
Steep Time: a little over 7 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: I can see golden raisins, and smell hibiscus and currents?
Steeped Tea Smell: hibiscus (inhales deeply) and spice
Flavor: hibiscus, spice
Body: Full
Aftertaste: tangy
Liquor: opaque deep red

Thank you for the sample SoccerMom!

I love hibiscus, but if you've been following my posts long you know this.

DELICIOUS, but all the other flavors get stomped, that is the one thing holding this back from greatness. If the spice was more prominent, or other flavors also strongly present with the hibiscus I would be in love with the lover's kiss.

I will take this as is though. I think if I had more I'd try some honey or sugar or perhaps try it iced.

Resteep: oh woe is me little tea, at 7 minutes you were a very pretty pink, but watery drink

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing




No comments: