Search This Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kusmi Tea Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Spicy Chocolate'

Tea Information:
Tea: Spicy Chocolate
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Kusmi Tea
Purchase: Here
Description: Black tea from China flavored with natural essences of chocolate and spices.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea flavored with chocolate and spices

Steep Information:
Amount: 4tsp
Water: 212 ° filtered water 750ml
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL (Black, strong)
Steep Time: 3 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: chocolate and some unidentifiable spices (pepper? cardamom?)
Steeped Tea Smell: chocolate, black tea, a hint of pepper / cardamom?
Flavor: spiced black tea, astringent, a touch bitter
Body: Full
Aftertaste: astringent
Liquor: dark orange-brown

I found this at Kitchen Kapers when hunting for a monther's day gift for my mother. I got this instead for me (and two others).

It's very much a chai-tea to me, and I think next time I will make it with honey and milk.

Rating: 3/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing








No comments: