Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Argo Tea Company Store Review

On my day of wandering around NYC I went to Argo Tea after my Starbucks breakfast.

Columbus Circle 1792 Broadway, New York, NY 10019 corner of Broadway & 58th St

Website: http://www.argotea.com

I found it just fine, again a surprise due to my poor navigation skills.

The store was not busy, and it was right before lunch (10 am) so I was surprised, as it was a nice location. There were plenty of benches and tables, and two free hours of wifi with a purchase. There were a few other people sitting and sipping tea while surfing the Internet.

There was an island full of tea making merchandise (cups, tea kettles), and a wall of interesting bulk candy type tea dispensers, below them were some pre-packaged teas.

The staff was pleasant and amazingly helpful; they wanted to know if I wanted any help choosing a tea, and what other teas I liked.

I ordered the Carolina honey iced tea. It came out quickly and with a smile.

The tea was a dark yellow-brown color. It visually reminded me of a light wheat beer.

The taste was a mixture of mead and hefeweizen. I almost wanted to ask if it was alcoholic. There was a citrus flavor, perhaps a lemon-orange?

The after taste was an astringent honey.

I did spot in the impulse rack vogues chocolates. There was no bacon vogues though :( I purchased both a chai and ginger green chocolate bar to have as a snack later. If I were not heading to Alice’s for lunch I would have picked up one of their small snacks to gnosh on. Apparently these chocolates were made specifically for Argo teas. The green ginger one was a little spicy and odd, It wasn't bad but I wouldn't get it again. The chai one was delicious. There were two other flavors I believe available.

The total bill was around 10$

















Find other store reviews:

Yelp.com

Steepster.com

TeaMap.com

No comments: