Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

52Teas Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Pot O' Gold'

Tea Information:
Tea: Pot O' Gold
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: My wife wanted to pick out the tea of the week this week. With her Irish-Scottish heritage, it wasn’t enough to choose the tea for the week of St. Patty’s Day without an additional tip of the hat to her Scottish ancestry. For that reason, our tea of the week for the week of St. Patrick’s Day: what else, but a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, a butterSCOTCH flavored black tea.

I realize butterscotch is not as groundbreaking as maple bacon or pancake breakfast, but let me assure you, it IS delicious! Creamy and smooth, and satisfying in that way that only butterscotch can be, but without the guilt. And yes, it is 100% vegan.

Ingredients: Premium Black Teas, Marigold Petals, Natural flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp
Water: 12oz boiling
Tool: kati loose tea system 12oz
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet, floral, black toasty tea
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet, floral black
Flavor: smooth, sweet, slightly toasty
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: floral
Liquor: slightly opaque dark brown


good, not remarkable

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing












I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

No comments: